Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Life without the Internet feels like no life at all...

For almost a week now, Jason and I have lived without the internet at home. Our Land Line is connected through the internet, so we had no land line for a week. I never realized just how much of my life is revolved around the internet until we lost it for so long. I couldn't pay bills, balance my checkbook, check my email, download pictures and update my blog, find phone numbers (yes, I forgot that I do have a paper telephone directory....but seriously, who uses those anymore?), shop online (which I don't do often but I hated not having the option), check the news stories, etc.... Anyway, I felt soo out of the loop.

Today, our internet has been fixed and I can't seem to pull myself away from the computer. So, what have I learned? I need to find a balance. While we didn't have the internet, I'm sure i played more with Kamryn and took her out more, I read my book more, I kept up on house chores, I used my cell phone more to contact people instead of just using email or facebook and I'm sure there are other things. So, now that I have the internet back...it's time to balance my time wisely.

But man, I'm sooo glad to have a part of my life back. I just need to make sure I keep it only "a part." :-)

3 comments:

Jarom and Melissa said...

Congrats. I would die without the internet. Glad you got your "lif" back cause I was starting to worry about your absence.

More updates on the blog please.

Jarom

Stephanie said...

My friend Amber decided to take one day a week to have no computer and no TV. She made it a challenge on her blog. That way she would spend one day a week focusing on her kids without the other distractions. I thought it sounded too hard. How lame am I? It's true about balance though.

themayerfamily said...

SO glad to have you back! Hope you're feeling good and having a great January!