Tuesday, August 7, 2012

She's 6 years old!

My firstborn turned 6 years old in July!  Right now, she is obsessed with horses.  So, we had a horse party and I think it went really well.  Kamryn had such a great time and she had so many friends come to play with her.  I really can't believe she is 6.  Everyone says that about their kids and it's because it's true.  Having her as a daughter has taught me so much about myself.  I have learned that parenting is a learning process and you don't have all the answers right when your child is born.  I thought I knew how to be the perfect parent and how to raise the perfect child, but I learned through Kamryn that there is no such thing and that it's okay.    Kamryn makes me smile.  Her imagination is incredible and she is so creative.  She loves music, animals, dancing and reading.  She knows her mind, which I appreciate.  Her strong will has definitely been a challenge and I am still learning how to direct it in a way where I don't stifle her individuality but that she understands that there are rules and boundaries.  Overall, my journey with Kamryn so far has been memorable and eye opening.  I love her with all my heart and feel sublimely blessed to be her Mother.


 My happy 6 year old!



1 comments:

Melissa said...

How can she be six already? Wow, time flies. What a fun birthday party idea.