Thursday, May 20, 2010

6 Lovely Years!

So, Mother's Day weekend is always a busy one in my family. That's because Jason's birthday and our anniversary are one day apart and one of them either falls right on Mother's Day or they are just a couple days away from it. This month, Jason's birthday was on Friday, our anniversary was on Saturday and Mother's day was on Sunday. Don't ask me what I was thinking when I chose our wedding date. I think I was drunk....on love! Ah, that was corny. Anyhow, on our actual anniversary Jason and I went to dinner with some friends and then we split off from the pack and walked around Victoria Gardens, got me a new top and had thrifty ice cream. Not too exciting, right? Well, we weren't too worried about it since we knew we'd be staying in Lake Arrowhead the next weekend. Check out this view from our room at the Lake Arrowhead Resort!!


His work hooked us up with a free night stay here (long story why) so we were able to enjoy it all without having to worry about paying for it. That night we had Mexican for dinner and I remembered why I don't order burritos at restaurants. HELLO!! It was huge and sadly, wasn't that good. I knew I should have stuck with enchiladas. Jason's flautas were delicious however~
The next day we walked around the hotel and enjoyed chilling by the lake for a bit. We thought about putting on our bathing suits, but we figured the water would be frigid since it's still Spring.

This is Jason's dream home!
It's been 6 years and they have flown by. I feel so blessed to be married to someone who tells me constantly how beautiful I am. A Mom needs to hear that every once in awhile! I'm lucky to be married to someone who is kind and good looking, full of life, good looking, a hard worker, good looking, a worthy priesthood holder, funny, and a good father. Oh, and did I mention good looking? :) Seriously though, I lucked out. The guy is patient and forgiving and I am forever grateful to have him in my life. Can't wait to see where we are in another six years!

5 comments:

Johnson said...

I was just looking at that first picture thinking..."that is one sexy tall drink of water."

Jarom and Melissa said...

Happy Anniversary. Those are great photos of a beautiful place. So fun that you got to go on a fun little vacation.

Jarom and Melissa said...

When you move into the dream house I hope you don't mind permanent house guests, because Melissa and I will be moving in too. Looks like an awesome anniversary getaway.

Jerry

Unknown said...

Congrats Amy! I'm coming down to Utah for Memorial Day weekend to see you guys. I hope we get a chance to catch up!

will said...

can i join in on that move? :D it'll be late night video games, endless gropeage...and in the morning, i'm making waffles. congrats on the anniversary! much amor to you both