Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Trifecta Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving did not come without its challenges this year.  We call it the trifecta Thanksgiving. It started off with an injury at the Turkey bowl.  Jason dislocated his pinky and we had to bandage it up.  Luckily, it did not keep us from going to my sister's house for Thanksgiving.  When we got there, all was perfect.  The kids enjoyed there activities with their cousins and Suzanne and I enjoyed cooking.  That is, until I sliced my finger with the potato peeler and started bleeding pretty badly.  That was painful!






Well, we overcame our first two obstacles and sat down to a delicious Thanksgiving Dinner.  Here was the third part of our trifecta.  I decided to feed Maryn some of Suzanne's sweet potato casserole.  I then tried to lay her down for a nap, and she was not having it.  She was crying and screaming and just not happy.  So, I got her up and the whole family went out for a walk before dessert.  We then noticed Maryn's eyes were really red and puffy and watering.  This was after she was done crying.  I figured she was having an allergy issue like she has had in the past.  When we got  back from our walk, Maryn proceeded to throw up, twice and that is when the party ended.  Suzanne was paranoid it was the flu but when she told me that her sweet potato casserole had 6 eggs in it, I knew that was the culprit.  But, it killed the rest of the evening so we took home some pie and called it a day.  

0 comments: